1. Installing LaTeX TeX Live or MacTeX.
2. Hello world! Typesetting your first document in TeXworks.
3. Basics LaTeX fundamentals
4. Writing mathematical texts Math environment, characters, powers and indices, operators, fractions, roots, dots, matrices, brackets, horizontal whitespace, layout, list of symbols.
5. Writing texts Special characters and accents, paragraphs, non-breaking space, emphasis, lists, verbatim, url and quoting.
6. Errors and warnings Error fixing 101.
7. Homework LaTeXing a homework exercise.
8. Nederlandse schrijfgids (Dutch writing guide) Nederlandse stijlregels voor wiskunde en LaTeX.
9. Rewriting poor work Exercise in editing
10. Structure Structure of a LaTeX file, document classes, packages, topmatter, groups, commands and environments.
11. Advanced mathematics Gather, align, matrices, text in mathematical expressions, cases, multiline subscripts, references.
12. Sample exam and homework The final exam from 2016.
13. Document class uvamath The uvamath document class.
14. Advanced document structure Writing an article. Chapters, sections, paragraphs, theorems, figures, tables, floats, references, bibliography.
15. LaTeX Beamer Presentations with LaTeX Beamer.
This website is part of the course "Computeralgebra and LaTeX" taught at the University of Amsterdam.
The first version was created by
It was translated to English, edited and updated by Jolien Oomens on 2017/01/11.
Updated by Chris Zaal on 2018/01/10: reordering of the sections, new section "Basics".